- The purpose of the competition is to encourage Calling For Contemporary Music Score to the growth and excellence of contemporary music.
- Competition is open to composers of all ages and nationalities.
The required composition is a work for the whole ensemble as follows : 1 flute / 1 oboe / 1 clarinet in Bb / 1 basson / 2 horn / 1 trumpet in Bb 1 trombone / 2 Timpani and strings (8 - 6 -6 - 4 - 2)
The following instruments can be used in addition : 1 piano, and/or 1 voice.
- the duration of the work must be stated on the score and be from 10 to 15 minutes.
there is no entry fee.
send 6 copies (will not be returned) Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- The composition must be unpublished, never have been performed or broadcast in public nor have been awarded a prize under its present or other title.
- Deadline : score must be received by 20,August,2009. ( we can not accept at the post-mark 20,August,2009.) -We accept by e-mail also email@example.com.
- the works will be selected for a performance in the Autumn 2009 winners concert at Daegu. winners receive CD recordings of the concert The selected works will not be paid : as award or money.
- Results will be announced by 31th. August, 2009
- The judges reserve the right not to select and perform a work if no composition is deemed selection - and performance - worthy.
- The material for the performance of the selected composition must be sent to the Daegu contemporary music orchestra(DCMO) by 20,August,2009 and must be available for the ensemble free of charge.
- The judges will screen the submitted scores and select up to six works to be performed at the final concert given by the DCMO.
- The jury will especially take into consideration the artistic qualities of the composition and will not consider the pieces that require enormous technical skills.
- Any material from the selected compositions (score, parts and copies) remain property of DCMO and will not be returned.
Daegu Contemporary Music Orchestra
International Calling For Contemporary Music Score