Vox Novus is calling for one-minute soprano solo composed for 15-Minutes-of-Fame: Beth Griffith to be performed at the September 25th, 2011 Composer's Voice concert in New York City. The one-minute vocal works for soprano are to be written specifically for this project, which will be performed by Beth Griffith. All works must be 60 seconds or less.
Dramatic works and extended vocal techniqes are strongly encouraged.
- Submission Deadline June 1, 2011
- Works written for soprano solo. (extended vocal techniqes are strongly encouraged) -Works must be submitted as a PDF file with a picture of the composer, 50-word biography, and 50-word program note about the piece.
- Works must be one minute in length. No works over a minute will be reviewed.
- Works need to be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject line should read - 15-Minutes-of-Fame: Beth Griffith - Composer Name - Composition Title
- The 50-word biography and 50 word program notes must be pasted as text in the body of the email.
- The composer's a picture must be attached as a jpg file.
- The score must be attached as a pdf. (performance notes should be included with the score.)
- Include the dedication to Beth Griffith on the score
- Works should be composed specifically for this project and performer. All pieces must be premieres and not previously written or performed.
No works over a minute will be reviewed. Multiple submission are discouraged. Send your best work! The results will be announced by August 1, 2011 on the Vox Novus website, and composers of 15 accepted works will be notified by email.
For more information, visit: http://www.voxnovus.com/15_Minutes_of_Fame/