Leeds International Festival for Innovations in Music Production and Composition
Thursday & Friday 13TH- 14TH DECEMBER 2012
The International Festival for Innovations in Music Production and Composition takes place at Leeds College of Music from Thursday 13th to Friday 14th December 2012. iFIMPaC is an annual event focusing on practice related innovations in Music Production and Composition. The event sees its 5th year in association with the Journal for Music, Technology and Education (JMTE). iFIMPaC creates a unique environment for composers, producers, music industry representatives, academics, educators and students to discuss their compositional, pedagogical and production work as practice-led research.
Works under 12 minutes in stereo or multichannel formats will be considered.
The following are welcome:
- acousmatic Music (stereo or multichannel)
- multimedia pieces
- solo instrument and fixed medium*
- solo instrument and live electronics*
- laptop improvisation/live coding
- club music (electronic music influenced by pop, IDM and electronica)
- demonstrations of unique interfaces
- composition and paper
- other (we are happy to consider music that doesn’t fall into the above categories and may be wholly acoustic so long as the submitted piece presents new insights into music composition)
* We may be able to supply solo performers in some instances, but you should consider acquiring your own performers as iFIMPaC’s budget is small. Please see the web link for further information (information will be posted soon).
Successful applicants must register and pay a delegate fee in order to be programmed.
If your submission is successful, and is acousmatic, but you cannot attend, you will still need to register. You may have a nominee to diffuse your work.
The deadline for the submission of proposals is 15th October 2012.
Call details can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/cpbjhfu