FOURTH INTERNATIONAL JURGENSON COMPETITION
FOR YOUNG COMPOSERS
(Moscow, 15 February - 15 April 2007)
The Fourth International Jurgenson Competition for young composers has been organized by the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation, by the Centre for Contemporary Music (Moscow) and by the Jurgenson Charity Foundation. The Chairman of the jury will be Vladimir Tarnopolsky.
- Compositions for soloist ensembles or for voice and soloists (6-16 musicians in both cases)
- String quartet
- Compositions for marimba or for percussion ensemble (up to 6 musicians)
The duration of compositions may not exceed 15 minutes.
The instrumentation for soloist ensembles could include: 1 flute (also piccolo, also alto), 1 oboe (also English Horn), 1 clarinet (also clarinet bass), 1 bassoon, 1 horn, 1 trumpet, 1 trombone, percussions (2 musicians), 1 piano, 1 harp, 2 violin, 1 viola, 1 cello, 1 double-bass.
Instruments in scores for percussion ensemble must be grouped by performers.
The competition will have two rounds. 10 participants will be admitted to the second round after adjudication of scores. Awards will be conferred after the performance of compositions by soloists from the Studio for New Music (Moscow) and Mark Pekarsky's percussion ensemble.
The competition will only accept compositions that are unpublished, and which have not been performed publicly. The competition is not open to composers born earlier than 1 June 1977.
- 2 copies of the score (if your score is selected for a final reading, parts must be sent by March 30). A password should be clearly written on the manuscript submitted; the applicant's name shall not appear on the manuscript.
- A complete signed application form in English or Russian (Apllication Form).
- 2 photos of the applicant.
Applicant may not submit compositions in more than two categories.
Moscow Tchaikovsky Conservatory
B.Nikitskaya 13, of.316
Moscow 125009 Russia
T/f (+7 495) 290 51 81
Awards: Grand-prix ($ 2000); I award in each categories ($ 1000)
The prizewinners' concert will take place in the framework of the Moscow Forum festival (9-14 April 2007) in Rakhmaninov hall of Moscow Tchaikovsly Conservatoire.
Compositions by the prizewinners will be published in the series «Music of the Third Millenium"».